FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently November 17th, 2018, 8:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 4th, 2001, 5:42 pm 
FFIM Addict

I was just looking at the CCA Maine website and noticed that they and Maine COast Lumber are supporters of a state wide striper tagging program. I was just wondering if anyone on this board participates and their views. Is it worth the time getting certified by the state?

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 4th, 2001, 8:42 pm 
FFIMer

Hunter, <BR> I have been involved with CCA's tagging program for a couple of years. As an avid angler of both fresh & saltwater species, I'm more than willing to do anything I can to assist in research to improve our fisheries. The program has allowed us all to better understand striper habitat and migration. I don't claim to speak for CCA. I'm just a member who has enjoyed the program and will certainly continue to participate. I would encourage anyone who is interested in this to contact either the state CCA offices or any of the local chapters. CCA is actively trying to improve our fisheries through research and education.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 5th, 2001, 8:11 am 
FFIMer

<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE> <BR>On 2001-12-04 16:42, Hunter wrote: <BR>I was just looking at the CCA Maine website and noticed that they and Maine COast Lumber are supporters of a state wide striper tagging program. I was just wondering if anyone on this board participates and their views. Is it worth the time getting certified by the state? <BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->Hunter, Back when Edwards dam was around(and striper fishing seemed to be much better)Myself and a buddy tagged well over 200 schoolies one season. To this date I have never caught a tagged striper, however one of the guys fishing with me landed one in Phippsburg last summer. I think its a good program, though I personally wouldnt get involved again due to the changes in the Kennebec. Stagger

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 13th, 2001, 8:08 am 
FFIMer

I would like to see the state spend more time on netters and herring boats. <BR>I live here on the coast, we have problem with boats keeping the strippers, they don't let them go. <BR>The fish go into lobster bait or something else. If they spent more time at that I think we would have more fish. <BR>I have also seen the same thing happened with salmon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 14th, 2001, 8:16 am 
FFIMer

Jeffus <BR>What do you mean by singles?