FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently November 18th, 2017, 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: who can remember
PostPosted: November 14th, 2017, 4:18 pm 
FFIM Addict

when someone posted a picture of their buck (bunny?) and half the board lost their crap?

had to be fall of 2000? lol

good times......

i'm tempted to post mine just a social experiment lol

who else has tagged out?

Post subject: Re: who can remember
PostPosted: November 14th, 2017, 4:38 pm 
FFIM Addict

You uncouth heathen... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: November 14th, 2017, 7:34 pm 
FFIM Addict

Unless it is like the one I just saw in todays BDN I'd seriously contemplate.

I must say though, I put some of your Smoked Red hot sauce on a piece of bacon left over from weekend breklfast and had one heck of a time ridding my mouth of the heat. Great stuff!!!!!

Ron

Sir John Buchan

PostPosted: November 14th, 2017, 8:02 pm 
FFIM Addict

Joking aside, I've been fortunate to have been able to harvest both a moose (thanks to being a subpermittee) and deer this fall. And having recently processed a homestead-raised pig, the meat larder is looking pretty full this fall.

I was lucky enough to be gifted a 22"Weber Smokey Mountain smoker- so have been exploring that style of cooking a bit. Smoking meat is a new venture for me, but the first few test cooks of chicken have gone well. So I smoked the heart of my 8 pointer over the weekend. It came out AWESOME, enough that the fiancé liked it anyway.

I'm on to rounding out bird season with my new pup, Mason, and getting ready for winter fishing.

PostPosted: November 14th, 2017, 9:15 pm 
FFIMer

You're already missing winter fishing. One Brown, Two Brookies this weekend while you were processing your meat.You and JBerry talk a good game....Be there or be square this weekend.

PostPosted: November 14th, 2017, 9:49 pm 
FFIMer

Hunter wrote:
I was lucky enough to be gifted a 22"Weber Smokey Mountain smoker- so have been exploring that style of cooking a bit.

Dave,
I bought a large, aprox 40"x24", smoker a couple years ago and have smoked just about every cut I can get my hands on. I actually have a book with recipes and techniques on how to use the Webber Smokey Mountain. Along with a year stint cooking in a BBQ joint, I've picked up a few things. I'm working on getting a few ducks or geese to smoke up for winter time snacks. Hit me up if you want to borrow that book or have any other questions.

Peter

PostPosted: November 14th, 2017, 10:23 pm 
FFIM Addict

Heck Pete- we can set up the smoker and go duck hunting (or tie a few flies). I need all the help I can get learning the ropes with this thing, but so far so good. Thinking of trying a to smoke a bigger cut of meat soon, perhaps a pork butt.

RAC, it's not true winter yet IMO. I haven't been able to walk on ice yet. With that said, the 1 3/4" of ice I dumped from a water trough Sunday indicates it's not far away.

PostPosted: November 15th, 2017, 8:35 am 
FFIMer

I'm down for eirther Dave... my duck hunting has been slow this year... good thing I don't have to survive off it. Hoping that will change this weekend, so I can fire the smoker up.
Pork butt is kinda my specialty, I've smoked a few this year. There is a few things I do differently with large cuts to keep them from drying put or burning on the outside.

Peter

PostPosted: November 17th, 2017, 5:43 pm 
FFIMer

That was me! Back when I went under the user The 3Ps. I remember all the flack I had gotten and remember telling one person I would have shot a lesser deer(as I did this year) if the opportunity had presented itself . The trophy B&C score of 153 was just a fluke! Remember it well!! It was in 2000 . I should just post a photo of my tying room/ man cave..He's on the wall courtousy of Gene Bahr with Two other shoulder mounts and a European mount I've taken since then.