FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently September 26th, 2017, 1:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Airflow Cold Saltwater
PostPosted: April 6th, 2017, 6:14 pm 
FFIMer

I just picked one up an intermediate one for my 8wt last week... anyone have any experience with it? Wondering how well it shoots... looking forward to chucking hollows and closures with it this summer.

Peter

PostPosted: April 17th, 2017, 9:20 pm 
FFIMer

I had some for my 9 wt and liked it okay. I just bought some Outbound Short for this season though.

PostPosted: April 27th, 2017, 12:15 pm 
FFIMer

I had an Outbound 9wt uplined on my 8wt last year, it was a killer line, could shoot a hollow a mile with little effort. Unfortunately I shredded it on some ledges one day and wanted to go for a full intermediate to avoid that again. Most places where I fish are pretty shallow and I should still be able to drag the bottom with a heavy fly while keeping the intermediate off the bottom and out of harms way.

Peter

PostPosted: May 4th, 2017, 7:00 am 
FFIMer

I have that line on a spool for my 9wt I like it I just can't throw it as far as my 30ft sink tip. I do use it though when it's not a good place for a sink tip it doesn't sink super fast I use it a lot off the ledges.

PostPosted: June 18th, 2017, 2:22 pm 
FFIMer

I used this for the first time last night and this morning, I really like how the line preforms. Didn't coil up, stayed flexible in the cold water and sank just the right amount and the right speed. But it is much harder to throw then my sink tip shooting line. Not so much harder, just have to cast it like a WF line take your tinw with it. With my old Rio sink tip I could easily shoot the 90 foot line dam near 9p feet, and with this Airflow 100 foot line I'm struggling to get 75 feet.

Peter

PostPosted: June 21st, 2017, 5:33 pm 
FFIMer

I also feel like when casting it it feels more like a floating line it's a good line for ledges but for beaches most time I run my 30 ft sink tip with crabs or a clouser. I like the feel as it's not so heavy but I tend to need more false casts with it and double hauling is a must for distance