FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently December 18th, 2017, 5:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New to FFIM
PostPosted: June 7th, 2016, 6:45 pm 
FFIMer

Hi all I am a new comer met chuck Memorial Day on the water and have bumped into him one more time after I caught 8 stripers on Monday in scarbough biggest being like 18 and got my buddy which was his first time fly fishing for stripers into 7 biggest for him was probably 15 was a good day even though they were little guys. I have also got quite a few now from 24-26 inch in rivers and the surf been a decent season so far hoping for a bigger fish soon. Chuck the spot I met you with my buddy Thom was there last night and I think I hooked a sturgeon as I couldn't stop the pull with my drag all the way tightend and palming the real it almost spoiled me so I straightens the rod to break it off and it ended up bending my hook was a crazy tug though still fun but now my hand kinda hurts lol hope to see you again soon good luck guys

Post subject: Re: New to FFIM
PostPosted: June 8th, 2016, 6:08 am 
Wanna-be Maineiac

Welcome! The southern section of Maine can be a great place for stripers! I'm guessing you were on the Saco and didn't know they had sturgeon in there. that must have been a crazy fight!

Again, welcome and look forward to your posts!

Ken

Post subject: Re: New to FFIM
PostPosted: June 10th, 2016, 11:56 am 
FFIMer

Hey Adam, sounds like you did get into a sturgeon - although it could have been a 40"+ striper - they've been know to do similar runs. I went out again earlier this week - but wind was howling. One other guy fishing - he got one smallish fish. This wind isn't working well for the shore fishermen - not sure about those in a boat. Sure wish I had my 'yak available. Maybe I'll get out my float tube!

Keep at it, you and Thom are doing great.