FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently December 14th, 2017, 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: big stripers
PostPosted: October 2nd, 2014, 3:51 pm 
FFIMer

hey folks,

anyone been out in the salt? i guess they are still here. was in my boat off OOB in about 5-6ft of water this past weekend. found some fish. all hanging on bottom, scattering at the shadow of my boat- big stripers, schoolie sized, and big sturgeon! those were cool to see. kinda surprised they were swimming around so close to shore among the stripers. more of a pleasure trip then fishing, i didnt really fish hard, and it was near the shore break so that took priority. did manage to drag a clouser right by some of those fish though. no takers....

reminded me of sight fishing in the keys. woulda liked to have hooked into one of those big stripes!!

Post subject: Re: big stripers
PostPosted: October 4th, 2014, 1:20 pm 
FFIMer

Many times the things you see while fishing are cooler than even catching fish. Speaking of sturgeon, I was wondering the last time out if there is any relationship between what seems to be less sturgeon jumps and more seal encounters.

Fishing was decent through the first three weeks of September where I fish on the Kennebec. Nothing of any size. Last few times out, no luck. Thinking about pulling the boat for the year and building a barn to put it in before the snow.

Attachments:
SealFish2_FF.jpg
SealFish2_FF.jpg [ 61.27 KiB | Viewed 3358 times ]