FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently October 17th, 2018, 10:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Soggy Blitz
PostPosted: June 12th, 2009, 4:59 pm 
FFIMer

I've got alot of PM's from a bunch of you, looking to fish the weekend, and wanting to know what's up.

After drying out from one hell of a wet Morning, and bleive me after the streach of time I've spent on the poling platform, I was open to taking the moring off in this ran, But when your 74 year old angler pop out of his car ready to go, well you get at it. The angler fished with me in the keys and got his first shots at permit this past April and he has not stopped, in the last 12 days he has fished NJ RI MA NH and ME, With the funky weather the fish where pretty grumpy until the rain let up a little and the wind droped and as soon as the class off happen fish started showing them self in the skinny, we got into a few blitzs that held up well,but the real fun was chasing v wakes that in return ended up being a 31 and 34.

1 Lot's of Mackeal around, blitzing on juvie herring most of the time on the bait that's drifting in deeper water,Most likely there some bass under them but often the macs are looking pretty happy and not to worried about bass. Not my style to hang out with a sink tip looking for fish this way, But some guys have stuck some large fish this week doing so.

Rivers in lower Casco have Bluebacks in them now, and guys are fishing the dock in the royal are killing it on some large fish at night.Not sure if the New Meadows and Kennebec have them or not my guess is they do.

Fish like it's late June, the fish are spread out and reports from the Kennnebec to the Cape are good. and only will get better with some stable weather.

Go get them.