FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently October 18th, 2018, 4:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 4th, 2009, 9:12 am 
FFIMer

Glad FFIM has a saltwater page. When the stripers are in; it's like an addiction to battle 'em on a fly rod. Hopefully; the fish will cooperate better than they did last year. My chartreuse deceivers are ready! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 7th, 2009, 7:40 pm 
FFIMer

The stripers are already in the southern waters. I made it out for the first time this past Friday and had 5 hits in a not to be named spot and landed a nice slot sized fish. That fish had me grinning from ear to ear! Tight lines!

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 8th, 2009, 10:41 am 
FFIMer

My son caught his first keeper (a slot-sized bass) Saturday morning. He was pretty stoked. We took it home and ate it, tho with the new PCB warning he understands we won't be doing that again soon.

I've been catching stripers off the rocks in southern Maine since May 23. The river/harbor fish are blitzing silversides most mornings and evenings in my area. Outside of the rivers I have kept two fish with bellies full of shrimp. (I kept a few fish in the weeks before the PCB warning was announced).

I still haven't seen a fish under 20." Although that's good for the fishers, it worries me a little.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 8th, 2009, 4:03 pm 
FFIMer

I've been on the water a ton the last few weeks, and today we got into the micro's by the dozen they where mixed in with some very nice fish and the slots we have had around for a few weeks, Fish are spread out and are in spots I would fish two-three weeks from now, Bottom line this is really shaping up to be one hell of a season today my angler got a 9 inch striper and a 31 on the same flat and about 5 cast apart.

Capt Eric,