FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently February 18th, 2020, 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Our crap is a problem
PostPosted: January 30th, 2020, 7:05 am 
Wanna-be Maineiac

Literally. And it’s not just in the back country. Many of of favorite places right here in Maine are littered with our feces. The Magalloway is one of the worst as was the Kennebago. But thanks to FFIM and the RLHT toilets have been dug and installed in a few of those places. Others places have had port a potties placed but those cost money to maintain. Last fall the RLHT called for donations to keep a port a potty at Bennet Bridge on route 16. It was that or have the access closed as the landowner was tired of people going to the bathroom on his property. So, think about where you go and think about donating to help cover the cost of these outhouses here in Maine or elsewhere in the country.

https://www.sierraclub.org/sierra/when- ... newsletter

PostPosted: January 30th, 2020, 7:35 am 
FFIMer

You're absolutely right about that. The only month I'm not outside hunting or fishing is April. I see that crap all over the place. No one will even go off the trail or parking area to do their business, let alone bury it.

I'm not a litter bug and always pick up other people's trash but have learned to leave the white paper alone...