FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently December 7th, 2019, 6:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TR 11/9-11/11
PostPosted: November 12th, 2019, 10:19 am 
FFIM-aholic

Drove down to MA to drop off the striper boat and pick up the duck boat and decoys ( decoys were at the decoy hospital). Along the way, the duck boat became the old duck boat and I became the owner of a 1995 Ron Bankes Chesapeake- Really cool rig. It needs a little work but will be ready to hunt in December. It will also be a terrific flats boat. As I was only 45 minutes from the Cape, I figured another striper outing was in order, so I headed for the canal. I got there around 6:15 and immediately saw breaking fish in the canal. Unfortunately, my spey rod did not make the trip, and the casting was otherwise problematic to impossible at the water level. I walked out to the beach and found more breaking fish. Got two early then it shut down for an hour or so and I moved up the beach and got three more before calling it quits- not bad for November 10; all slid 24-26", fat fish. Finally got some fish on the 8wt two hander I bought last summer.

Yesterday started out as a work day ( our office was closed though) and then a quick trip down to the Mousam later afternoon. 3 fish as it was getting dark ( too late in the tide) All ate a dark bugger swinging into the soft water. Obviously recent stockies, but hard fighting and very handsome fish.

I am hoping to see some dry fly action there this coming weekend as the tides are better. It seems odd to be concerned about tide level when dry fly fishing..... :lol:

Post subject: Re: TR 11/9-11/11
PostPosted: November 12th, 2019, 11:23 am 
FFIM Addict

The dock is going to be winterized November 28th (just saying). What became of the old duck boat? Or are you now keeping a duck boat on the cape as well?

PostPosted: November 12th, 2019, 12:50 pm 
FFIM-aholic

sold to the Big Man. I'll send pics of the new one.

PostPosted: November 12th, 2019, 5:10 pm 
FFIM Addict

So you are keeping access to a duck boat on the cape. Nice.

PostPosted: November 12th, 2019, 5:38 pm 
FFIM-aholic

titleguy wrote:
Yesterday started out as a work day ( our office was closed though) and then a quick trip down to the Mousam later afternoon. 3 fish as it was getting dark ( too late in the tide) All ate a dark bugger swinging into the soft water. Obviously recent stockies, but hard fighting and very handsome fish.

I am hoping to see some dry fly action there this coming weekend as the tides are better. It seems odd to be concerned about tide level when dry fly fishing..... :lol:

If I weren't skiing this weekend, I'd love to join you. That can be some fun fishing - even though they're "stockies"! Tides are looking good - go gett'em! Have you taken a fresh fish down by the beach? I have yet to fool one.... :evil:

PostPosted: November 12th, 2019, 8:09 pm 
FFIMer

Nice TR, and nice duck boat.... I had ambitions of one more striper day about 3 weeks ago, now I don't see that happening unless I give up a day in the duck blind, which I definitely don't see happening.

We should get a FFIM duck day going this fall, theres got to be at least 6 or 8 of us here that chase ducks.

Peter

PostPosted: November 13th, 2019, 8:41 am 
FFIM-aholic

Peter010786 wrote:
Nice TR, and nice duck boat.... I had ambitions of one more striper day about 3 weeks ago, now I don't see that happening unless I give up a day in the duck blind, which I definitely don't see happening.

We should get a FFIM duck day going this fall, theres got to be at least 6 or 8 of us here that chase ducks.

Peter

Love to do that Peter. I'm going to England over T-giving to visit my son, but will be in duck mode when I get back.

PostPosted: November 13th, 2019, 10:48 am 
FFIM Addict

I'd be up for some late season duck hunting as well. That will give me an excuse to order a new Kromer.