FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently December 6th, 2019, 2:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rods found at Upper Dam
PostPosted: October 28th, 2019, 4:46 am 
FFIMer

A friend of mine found a couple fly rods on the road out of Upper Dam Saturday evening... let me know what they are and we'll get them back to you.

Peter

PostPosted: October 28th, 2019, 10:50 am 
FFIMer

Found the owner!

PostPosted: October 28th, 2019, 11:37 am 
FFIM Addict

Good karma for someone. Nice work.

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2019, 1:08 pm 
FFIMer

Everyone, it seems, leaves stuff on the roof of the car once! I was fishing the Battenkill one time and got back to the car at sunset just as a fisheries truck pulled up. Out popped a pretty young woman who asked me if I wanted to do a angler’s survey. We talked as the sun set on the river until dark, long after we had finished the actual survey. I drove off like John Cleese in that scene in a Fish Called Wanda. When I happened to discover what I had done the rod and reel were long gone but luckily my vest had gotten tangled in the roof rack!

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2019, 8:49 pm 
FFIM-aholic

Love a happy ending :shock: True words Dan! Striper fishing one night, loaded my gear in the truck and about 1 mile down the road; "What was that noise?" Rearview mirror - rod and reel bouncing off Rt. 1 and into the ditch. Rod was toast, my son still uses the reel. Hasn't happened since as the rod/reel now goes IN the vehicle or leaning on the driver side mirror. ANYHING ON THE ROOF IS DOOMED (cup of coffee running down the windshield?) - add a pretty young woman and forget about it! Dan - this is fantastic - I know the feeling - "I drove off like John Cleese in that scene in a Fish Called Wanda."! Thanks for painting that picture!

Dan Daly wrote:
Everyone, it seems, leaves stuff on the roof of the car once! I was fishing the Battenkill one time and got back to the car at sunset just as a fisheries truck pulled up. Out popped a pretty young woman who asked me if I wanted to do a angler’s survey. We talked as the sun set on the river until dark, long after we had finished the actual survey. I drove off like John Cleese in that scene in a Fish Called Wanda. When I happened to discover what I had done the rod and reel were long gone but luckily my vest had gotten tangled in the roof rack!