FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently October 17th, 2019, 11:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 29th, 2019, 6:57 pm 

Whatever it is, the bass like it...and BTW, this was just one of the flies in the selection that Dave tied up, along with a really nice fly box, to raise funds for the CFR event - I happened to win it at the FFIM Christmas party last December - last nite on my way downta camp I stopped by one of my favorite bass spots, which is not in the Penobscot watershed and just happens to be around the corner from Dave's house - I was there for about 2 hours and landed a baker's dozen or so, between 10 & 16", all on Dave's fly - prolly the most entertaining part of the evening was the fact that I caught my 4 or 5 nicest fish out of pools that had just been covered by 3 fellas with spinning gear, which brings me to an observation I make on a regular basis - there are many instances, despite opinions to the contrary, where fly fishermen have a distinct advantage over the hardware guys - last nite was a perfect example and a perfect way to start the weekend - bass season has begun - tight lines!

Attachments:
bass fly.JPG
bass fly.JPG [ 48.93 KiB | Viewed 2992 times ]
bass.JPG
bass.JPG [ 108.71 KiB | Viewed 2992 times ]

PostPosted: June 29th, 2019, 8:00 pm 
FFIM Addict

Hi Brian

I’m in the Caribbean as we speak. I can’t tell what fly that is by the picture. I tie up and donate so
Many to different causes that I can’t recall whatit is. If you could post a pic of it dry I could probably tell. No matter;I’m really glad it worked well for you!

Dave M

PostPosted: June 29th, 2019, 8:08 pm 
FFIM Addict

Now that I think about it I believe it may be a Gartside Olive Soft Hackle Streamer. I often put a large green bead on them. Dynamite fly, if that’s what it is

Dave M

PostPosted: June 30th, 2019, 6:55 pm 
FFIMer

nice tight lines