FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently June 25th, 2019, 12:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: c f r event
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2019, 5:40 pm 
FFIM-aholic

what a wonderful time we had, it was great. we caught a bunch but were sworn to secrecy all fish were caught at the "lynch pool " on a river in Maine, what a wonderful bunch of people, another great FFIM event
don &rose

Post subject: Re: c f r event
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2019, 6:09 pm 
FFIM-aholic

The weekend was outstanding and it was even better having you and Rose there - you sir, are a very lucky man! Those women are incredible - such an inspiration. I can't get the smile off my face or the lump out of my throat. I am so grateful to be a part of it all. To all that organized to pull it off - thank you! Courtney - job VERY well done!!!!! I'd say you had big shoes to fill but, after all, they were Ken's....small feet.....just sayin'..... ;) Great catching up with you all - what a cast of characters!

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2019, 7:01 am 
FFIM-aholic

What a day! And a great honor to meet Mrs. Lynch too.

The Monday after CFR is always a little different. Thank goodness for our blessings and kudos to the women who fight to win. Truly an inspiration.

"Fishermen...spending their lives in the fields and woods...are often in a more favorable mood for observing her, in the intervals of their pursuits, than philosophers or poets even, who approach her with expectation." - Thoreau

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2019, 7:32 am 
FFIM-aholic

Thanks for the privilege of being involved. +1 on what Craig said- the inspiration and the lump in the throat.... Whenever you need a little perspective on your life.....

PostPosted: June 9th, 2019, 7:27 am 
FFIM-aholic

Check this out. Posted by American Museum of Fly Fishing this morning on Facebook. President Eisenhower with his guide, Dom Cameron, in the exact spot we fished last weekend. How cool is this?

PostPosted: June 9th, 2019, 9:41 pm 
FFIM-aholic

So cool, such a great show of generosity for them to share their spot with us... those brookies at the bottom of that pool haunt me....

"Fishermen...spending their lives in the fields and woods...are often in a more favorable mood for observing her, in the intervals of their pursuits, than philosophers or poets even, who approach her with expectation." - Thoreau

PostPosted: June 11th, 2019, 12:30 pm 
FFIMer

they did allow you to guide again did they L.O.L. glad you got to go old friend tight lines