FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently July 16th, 2019, 12:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: river flow hotline
PostPosted: May 6th, 2019, 5:14 pm 
FFIMer

When I go to the river flow hotline site it tells me to go to "safe waters" site. At this site It says type in your river system. I do this and nothing happens. can anyone tutor me on this new flow information site? Thanks

Post subject: Re: river flow hotline
PostPosted: May 6th, 2019, 6:24 pm 
FFIM Addict

Worked fine for me just now. BTW this site is for Brookfield managed facilities, perhaps you are trying to enter a river system not managed by Brookfield. Scroll down the page and make sure your river is included.

PostPosted: May 6th, 2019, 8:26 pm 
FFIMer

I would like flow information on the Dead at Grand Falls, The Kennebec at East outlet and the kennebec below Harris dam. I type this in on the Safe waters site and get nothing. Am I not typing the right thing? What do I type to access these three flows

Now how about The river flow telephone # 1-800-452-1742 tells me to enter the code # of the flow I want I enter the code number (at least the # from last year and get a advertisment for brookfield and then it asks me to enter the # again. Are there new codes or am I screwing this up also.

PostPosted: May 6th, 2019, 8:51 pm 
FFIMer

Ok I got it. For some reason on the Brookfield safe waters site when I typed in Kennebec for river system the river selection box would blink and disappear. It seems to work now.

As far as phone contact its a little more complicated than last year. dial 1-844-430-3569 press 1 for the state of Maine--Press 3 for the Kennebec system--for the Dead below Spencer stream press 1--for Brassua Dam press 2 ---for the East Outlet press 3-- for Harris Dam press 4

PostPosted: May 6th, 2019, 10:27 pm 

For the Dead, the USGS has gages on the Dead below Flagstaff and near the mouth of Spencer Stream. They are near real-time, maybe 30 min delay, and I sometimes find they are more up-to-date than the Safewaters information.

https://waterdata.usgs.gov/me/nwis/current/?type=flow

PostPosted: May 7th, 2019, 2:31 pm 
FFIMer

Maybe you already figured this out, but on the Safewaters site don't type anything select Kennebec from the drop down. Works fine from there.