FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently June 16th, 2019, 11:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Soon...
PostPosted: April 28th, 2019, 7:56 pm 
FFIM Addict

Today was the first time I’ve fished in about 4 weeks. Two full weekends of day work plus the holiday and another weekend at home. The last time I had fished the day went from sunny and warm to a cold rain followed by snow showers. The Farmington (Ct) due the rain from the past week plus the week before and possibly some hidden snow was twice as high flow wise than what I put as my maximum wading flow. I was hoping to be able to find a few places I could drift and/or strip some streamers.
As an aside the adders tongues are just beginning to bloom, the Dutchman’s Britches are blooming. And the fiddleheads are knee to mid-thigh high. The latter was truly disappointing as I was hoping they would have been ready.
I was able to pick up one fat rainbow so that besides surprising me was satisfying. I really had reservations that I would be successful. Now if the flow will allow some more accessible wading things should be picking up. There have been reports of some Hendrickson’s further down river. Any time now and the fish will be looking up big time.

Ron

Sir John Buchan

Post subject: Re: Soon...
PostPosted: April 30th, 2019, 5:42 pm 

1weight wrote:
. I really had reservations that I would be successful.

Ron

You can make reservations to be successful on a fishing trip? Is that like buying trip insurance? :D

Sorry, that just hit my funny bone--and probably nobody else's . . . .

PostPosted: April 30th, 2019, 8:18 pm 
FFIM Addict

Jeff
Just call 228-248-7688 and set yourself up.

Ron

Disclaimer
This is not a solicitation nor authorization that you may catch trout. Your skills and their desires may preclude you to be successful.

Sir John Buchan

PostPosted: May 1st, 2019, 6:31 am 
FFIM-aholic

Are you sure the number is not 867-5309?