FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently September 18th, 2019, 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: So...?
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2019, 9:32 am 
FFIM Addict

Who got out fishing yesterday? Work kept my focus elsewhere, though my thoughts were certainly with those wetting a line.

Post subject: Re: So...?
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2019, 10:28 am 
FFIM Addict

Not me, but I gotta tell you.......if anybody could successfully fly cast in that wind more power to them. I was getting blown all the very the road coming back up 95.

Dave M

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2019, 6:24 pm 
FFIMer

I am way behind this year.... I haven't even thought about getting out. All of my gear is still in winter hibernation, and I have hardly tied any (freshwater) flies all winter. Trout flies have been a struggle for me this winter, just have not felt like tying them, on the other hand Clousers and baitfish patterns seem to be flying off the HMH a handful at a time.
I acquired a boat over the winter, and am looking forward to some early season pike fishing in the next couple of weeks... although the boat needs a casting platform and that will be the project for this weekend. Perhaps that's the reason I've been cranking out saltwater stuff... in expectation of all the new striper hangouts I'll be able to raid this year.

Peter

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2019, 8:23 am 
FFIM-aholic

I fished Sunday- high and cold. I thought about going yesterday on my way back from Ellsworth, but water was even higher and I was behind schedule. I believe I am chasing ditch trout this weekend on some coastal byway.

PostPosted: April 4th, 2019, 9:30 pm 

I got my fishing in on the 2 days prior - the fishing was great, but the catching didn't happen...on Saturday I hit 2 mid coast streams - the conditions were as good as they get on the last weekend of March, but still no fish...on Sunday I explored/fished a tidal brook that's been under my nose for my entire life - it seemed a bit marginal but I'd like to fish it in May before I write it off - I always have a hard time writing off attractive little brooks...I'm glad I didn't wait for the Opener because most of the spots I would have liked to fish were blown out by then - I've got a good feeling about this weekend - I'll be hitting a few mid coast streams that are always a joy to visit whether the fish co-operate or not - Tight Lines!