FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently August 18th, 2019, 1:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NJ fly show
PostPosted: January 29th, 2019, 7:36 am 
FFIMer

The last couple of weekends I worked the fly shows for a friend at Igloo Lake lodge. The NJ show is huge, the biggest from what I understand. It has it all materials, trips, equipment it's there. If you've never been it's worth the ride just once.
The booth next to us sold equipment. They had to sell 200 pair of the Clic glasses. That display was busy for 3 days. I think Dave M' uses them and I finally bought a pair after trying them.

Post subject: Re: NJ fly show
PostPosted: January 29th, 2019, 8:30 am 
FFIM Addict

igloo lake wrote:
The last couple of weekends I worked the fly shows for a friend at Igloo Lake lodge. The NJ show is huge, the biggest from what I understand. It has it all materials, trips, equipment it's there. If you've never been it's worth the ride just once.
The booth next to us sold equipment. They had to sell 200 pair of the Clic glasses. That display was busy for 3 days. I think Dave M' uses them and I finally bought a pair after trying them.

Bill......

Absolutely I use them. I have an old pair of 3 power for tying on flies and a newer pair of 3.5 power for fly tying. I love those things.

Dave M

PostPosted: January 29th, 2019, 9:02 am 
FFIM-aholic

Dave M wrote:
igloo lake wrote:

Bill......

Absolutely I use them. I have an old pair of 3 power for tying on flies and a newer pair of 3.5 power for fly tying. I love those things.

Dave M

I have 3 pairs.... Hanging around my neck as I type.

PostPosted: January 29th, 2019, 11:50 am 
FFIM Addict

I lost my clicks in Mt last summer and bought another pair-as all fly shops have them. I went 2.5 power, but I also have 2 more sets here at home....and another at camp. I will NOT be w/o my clicks!

Hutch

PostPosted: January 29th, 2019, 10:37 pm 
FFIMer

Have to admit I own 3 pairs and as Hutch said wouldn’t be without them. Jersey show was ok. I live about 30 minutes from where it was held. Can’t get over how many women (great for the sport) were there and outfitters finally got smart enough to put pretty young women out front at their booths instead of old farts like me. Not a bad way to spend a winter day when spring creeks are blown out.

Last edited by Andre on January 30th, 2019, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: January 30th, 2019, 8:03 am 
FFIM Addict

Uggg---I feel for you when the spring ceeks are blown out....normally I feel bad when MY spring creeks, but that is just my old truck making noise.

Wish we had winter fishing here.

Hutch

PostPosted: January 30th, 2019, 2:12 pm 
FFIMer

I used to live right near Sommerville NJ when the show was held there. It was always jammed. I went on Fri. in AM as that was most quiet time. Also good to hear that NJ show is doing well as the Marlboro show seems to be dying. I went this year and was very disappointed in number of vendors, especially national rod makers. There did seem to be a large number of tyers, but I suspect that is because they used them to fill empty spots.

PostPosted: January 30th, 2019, 7:10 pm 
FFIM Addict

Kmudgen
The Marlbourgh show this the past two years has improved by an extra aisle at the end towards the left as you enter. It was real sad three years ago.
This was the first year in over ten years that I missed the Jersey show.

Ron

Sir John Buchan