FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently January 19th, 2019, 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bosebuck Mountain Camps?
PostPosted: January 6th, 2019, 11:24 am 
FFIMer

Looking forward to trip in the last week in June 2019? Never been! Going with three good fly fishing buddies! Anyone been before? advice where to fish? what to use for flies? etc. Hiring a guide for a day. Love to hear from anyone who's been? Wendy / Mike who manage camp have been great! Please PM me on sensitive info. Thanks

PostPosted: January 6th, 2019, 11:40 am 
FFIM-aholic

Be weary of a guide in that area whose initials are LZ. Not sure if he is still associated with that camp.

You’ll have great fishing. Enjoy the water up behind the gates, all the normal Maine flies will work. Little boy Falls and Cleveland Eddy are must sees, but beyond that, I would just explore the open space. If all else fails your 15 mins from the common public spots. I have only heard awesome things about the hosts at bosebuck, someday my son and I will give it a try.

"Fishermen...spending their lives in the fields and woods...are often in a more favorable mood for observing her, in the intervals of their pursuits, than philosophers or poets even, who approach her with expectation." - Thoreau

PostPosted: January 6th, 2019, 7:38 pm 
FFIMer

Bosebuck is great. One of my favorite camps. And Mike and Wendy are super. I wouldn't bother with a guide as Mike knows all the spots and is glad to help with suggestions. But without a guide you will need a Gazetteer because you'll be driving a lot to hit all the spots. Fill the gas tank before you go in. And bring a canoe. Most of the spots are in the river but there are places where a canoe comes in handy and you can legally troll flies in Parmachenee as well as catch the evening hatch.

PostPosted: January 6th, 2019, 9:38 pm 
FFIMer

LZ is not even allowed down the drive. For many years.

PostPosted: January 7th, 2019, 8:36 am 
Wanna-be Maineiac

Bosebuck is a nice place for sure and Mike is a standup guy and good host. They have access for a few rods each day up above (Mike will tell you about this) where people are few and fishing good. There’s also easy access to the more common spots. Don’t ignore the lake or the area ponds either. Have fun!