FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently January 19th, 2019, 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: December 5th, 2018, 9:54 am 
FFIM Addict

Ditto on the low riding belt loops. Feels like your drawers are at that hiphop “butt crack” level.

Sir John Buchan

Last edited by 1weight on December 5th, 2018, 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: December 5th, 2018, 10:45 am 
FFIM Addict

I wish they included a few more belt loops.

PostPosted: December 16th, 2018, 9:16 am 
FFIMer

Jeff, go with guide pants. You don't need to be out chest deep anyway and they are incredibly comfortable. I have 2 pairs of the Patagonia pants. Liked them so much that when I saw a pair for $112 on Sierra Trading Post, I picked up a second pair. Last I saw, off the shelf they are $299.

I'm a Simms guy but their guide pants are $449.

I fish in all kinds of weather and they've served me fine and are the most comfortable waders I've worn.

PS - 6'4", 260. I've never looked back on waders and haven't had them on for 6 or 7 years. Guide pants is it.

PostPosted: December 16th, 2018, 9:51 am 
FFIMer

Was peeking around on the internet. Found the G3 Simms guide pants on sale for $349 XXL (regularly $499) and Cabelas has XL for $375. No sales on the Patagonia version, still listed at $299.

https://uglybugflyshop.crazyrainbow.net/simms-g3-guide-pant-on-sale.html

PostPosted: December 16th, 2018, 11:00 am 

Montana Man wrote:
Jeff, go with guide pants. You don't need to be out chest deep anyway and they are incredibly comfortable. I have 2 pairs of the Patagonia pants. Liked them so much that when I saw a pair for $112 on Sierra Trading Post, I picked up a second pair. Last I saw, off the shelf they are $299.

I'm a Simms guy but their guide pants are $449.

I fish in all kinds of weather and they've served me fine and are the most comfortable waders I've worn.

PS - 6'4", 260. I've never looked back on waders and haven't had them on for 6 or 7 years. Guide pants is it.

That would work, except in float tubes, for 90% of my fishing. I never fish over my waist in rivers, but I do sometimes wade over my waist, especially on big rivers where crossing locations are few.

But the bigger problem is not fitting my upper body, but my ankles and calves. One ankle is about twice as big as normal from surgeries, and the opposite calf muscle is larger than normal to compensate for the lack of function. When the waders got slimmer in the ankle and calf, I was doomed.

Still going back and forth with Simms about their ankle and calf measurements. Custom sizes are not returnable, and not available in stores to try on, so need to make sure I get it right. Quite sure I can get ample room in the chest and gut.

PostPosted: December 16th, 2018, 7:08 pm 
FFIMer

My buddy's son works in the Simms custom department. He does repairs and make a pair of customs for another friend's wife. Think pear shaped waders. If you want me to get you him as a contact, I can.

PostPosted: December 16th, 2018, 7:39 pm 

Montana Man wrote:
My buddy's son works in the Simms custom department. He does repairs and make a pair of customs for another friend's wife. Think pear shaped waders. If you want me to get you him as a contact, I can.

I'm trading message with them the official contact, but if you can get me someone who actually works in the custom shop, that would be great. What I really need are the calf and ankle dimensions on their XXXL and 4XL waders. I think either will fit my chest, though the 4XL's will be bigger (maybe too much bigger) and allow more clothes under them.

Last edited by Jeff Reardon on December 16th, 2018, 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: December 16th, 2018, 7:41 pm 
FFIMer

Jeff Reardon wrote:
Montana Man wrote:

I'm trading message with them the official contact, but if you can get me someone who actually works in the custom shop, that would be great. What I really need are the calf and ankle dimensions on their XXXL and 4XL waders. I think either will fit my chest, though the 4XL's will be baggier and allow more clothes under them.

Sorry, just found out he's working for his dad, Deemo's meats, in Ennis.

PostPosted: December 16th, 2018, 7:42 pm 

Can he get me a nice roast for Christmas? :wink:

PostPosted: December 26th, 2018, 9:49 pm 
FFIMer

FYI I just posted a pair of "King" sized Patagonia waders in the classifieds.