FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently December 14th, 2018, 3:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trip to EO
PostPosted: October 2nd, 2018, 9:14 pm 
FFIM Addict

Got up extra early and headed to the East Outlet today. Drizzle and light steady rain most of the day. Right off the bat picked up a small salmon on a streamer. The day was looking good. Had many LDR of some decent feeling fish. A couple did see and they seemed to be colorful. Also broke some off. From about 7-9 things were pretty fast on streamers for me. Three drift boats with a couple sports per boat and they seemed to be having luck also. A couple seemed to be fishing streamers and one was nymphing that I could tell. I had about a half dozen to hand all brooks by 11. Started nymphing after that. Broke one off and hd a couple takes I missed and a couple LDR's. The brook trout were colorful and males all kyped up. But there the beauty ended. Their tails and fins looked like some flies my mother gave me that were her fathers that the moths had gotten. Amazing the tug they were able to garner with such horrible looking driving and steering gear. Plain shameful that fish would be stocked that looked like that. Or else there is something horrible going on up there. Switched back to streamers about 2 PM. Started getting hits again. Switched from feather wings to orange muddlers and they were chasing and hammering them. Broke one off missed a couple and landed another nice male.
Wildlife one frog, one mouse a suicidal bird that hit my drivers door window and two deer in a cornfield/transmission easement in Benton on way home.
BWO's were hatching in afternoon but didn't see any real activity keying on them.

Great to get out.

Ron

Sir John Buchan