FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently August 19th, 2018, 9:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 25th co anniversary
PostPosted: June 5th, 2018, 1:41 pm 
FFIMer

So June 1, 1993 I opened my own shop. This year marked 25 years in business. :shock: My usual play is to take the day off and go fishing. Easy this year as we are on summer hours and we're typically closed Fridays. So on the urging of my wonderful wife I booked us a float trip on the lower Gunnison River outside of Delta, CO. A short three hours from here. We took the trailer over to Ridgway St Park for the weekend on Thursday afternoon. Guide picked us up at the campsite at 9 AM Fri.. We were fishing by 10:30. Off at 6 pm. A good day. :) Last fish was taken on a dry. I didn't think it was very big. Then I said it might be decent. 14-15". Closer to the boat it was bigger still. 19" measured by the guide once into the net. :D Had two monster browns break me off, one of which the guide said was the biggest fish he'd seen this year. :x But that's what keeps us coming back, right? Dinner was a 2# grilled T Bone accompanied by 2014 Gainey Patrick's Vineyard (Our 2014 Patrick’s Vineyard Selection is a classic, single-vineyard, Bordeaux-style blend of 84% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Merlot and 6% Petit Verdot.) mmmmm

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNCk5Ra6OI8TXV4ca0AfS0J0CjVp4fUVlU1qZQOJ5kl9fT9xNlIoQGhzbv83A9bjA?key=RzhNejlEVkpIVVgtdFVTb0JUUlRrQ2lDN1VqeVRB

Last edited by Baetis on June 27th, 2018, 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: 25th co anniversary
PostPosted: June 5th, 2018, 4:20 pm 
FFIM Addict

Sounds like a pretty good celebration. Did you see any of the big bugs? That stretch is on my list for sure. I hear it fishes all winter... The co-owner of my boat did the Gunny Gorge section just above that about the same time -- I have not gotten a report back, but the boat and trailer are back in my driveway in one piece, so nothing too calamitous appears to have happened. We're getting one of those low runoff years where chasing the big bugs is more workable... If I lived where you do, I'd be hunting for them to your south and west whenever I could the next week or two.

Post subject: Re: 25th co anniversary
PostPosted: June 5th, 2018, 4:28 pm 
FFIMer

Saw some bugs but nobody was feeding on top for them. They certainly hammered the Girdle Bug underneath. :D I did that Gunny Gorge trip two years ago and we hit it right. ;) Got an invite to go to Creede as soon as they start over there which should be next weekend. Hoping that the 500k they planted here have taken hold and we will see results soon. (according to one report they HAVE been reproducing locally) I have had them fly into me on occasion and observed shucks on the banks.