FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently September 20th, 2018, 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: May 31st, 2018, 7:45 am 
Wanna-be Maineiac

Our 13th annual fly fishing day camp for alumnae of CFR is this Saturday in Rangeley. We will have 20 sports and guides out fishing the region so if you see a team, stop and say hello! We have a welcome reception for the teams on Friday night that will be hosted by the Outdoor Sporting Heritage Museum. If you haven't been to the museum you should as it has some wonderful exhibits! We have 5 great sponsors for the reception this year and they all will be donating food and BEER! Our sponsors are:

Oquossoc Grocery - they make the best whoopie pies!

The Hungry Trout - located at the Saddleback Inn they are quickly becoming well know for their $4 burger night (Thursdays) and the great food. New outdoor deck too for the summer!

The Red Onion - great pizza especially the BBQ chicken version!

The 45th Parallel - located in Oquossoc acreoss from the museum, Randy Belanger and his team have quite the snowmobile following with their food and spirits! Go visit the museum then stop by for dinner

Fore River Brewing - Located in Portland these guys know how to make beer! This is the 3rd year that they have helped out with the event and everyone is looking forward to seeing what John LeGassey brings up!

Many thanks to all of these establisments. They have a choice to help out and not a single one hesitated when called upon to do so.

Pictures of the event to follow!

Ken

PostPosted: May 31st, 2018, 9:51 pm 

Good luck to all the sports & guides - we'll be looking forward to the ensuing stories - always the most inspiring of the year!

PostPosted: June 1st, 2018, 10:35 am 
FFIM-aholic

hey guys I hope you have a wonderful weekend, I'll be thinkin of ya and prayin for you. I sure miss all you guys, good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in the old days I would charge out to the barn and throw all my stuff into the truck, and it's all there screaming to go fishing/camping, and be on my way, but the reality is I just can't do it now, I'm doing great but it's an old tired great. I hope you all have a totally great time. love you all
don

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2018, 2:04 pm 
FFIM-aholic

You were missed my friend! Your name came up constantly (and there was no swearing involved) and everyone was glad to hear that you're well. Someone mentioned that I may be the oldest guide this year and told me I was the new Don Lynch - those are shoes I can't fill. We did give it our best shot, however! Hope to catch up soon!

don lynch wrote:
hey guys I hope you have a wonderful weekend, I'll be thinkin of ya and prayin for you. I sure miss all you guys, good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in the old days I would charge out to the barn and throw all my stuff into the truck, and it's all there screaming to go fishing/camping, and be on my way, but the reality is I just can't do it now, I'm doing great but it's an old tired great. I hope you all have a totally great time. love you all
don

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2018, 8:25 pm 
Wanna-be Maineiac

Don,

The weekend went great and there were quite a few people asking for you. You were missed for sure! Hope to be able to post some pictures soon.

Ken