FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently October 23rd, 2018, 4:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: March 31st, 2018, 3:11 pm 
FFIMer

Earlier in this thread "Maineangler" voiced frustration that there never seems to be a warden around when you need one.

I was at The Maine Sportsman Show in Augusta this morning. I went to the Maine wardens booth at the show and told them that sportsmen/ women were experiencing this frustration. Their recommendation was ,if you spot a fish and game infraction, call "Operation Game Thief" (1-800-253-7887 or 1-800-alert- us) with your complaint. The operators at Operation Game Thief would immediately notify the warden in the area in question and, if not on another case, that warden would be dispatched to the area in question. If the warden could not respond immediately, it would put the information on his radar that this violation was taking place at a given site and focus more of his attention to that site.

PostPosted: March 31st, 2018, 4:48 pm 
FFIM Addict

gauge wrote:
Hatch wrote; "As a matter of fact with the exception of a body of water with a "no fishing" designation, I think a pond designated FFO presents the potential for fishermen to break more fishing rules than ponds and lakes with any other rule designation"
Only one thing not mentioned is a new law.
No water crafts on the FFO body of water.
That would stop trolling.

Well.....yeah, it would probably do that. That regulation would also effectively stop all Fishing on those ffo ponds.......because very damn few Maine ffo ponds have extensive shorelines where wading out a good long ways would be possible.

On a Montana lake that I love fishing to a Callibeatis Spinner Fall we routinely wade out 150 feet or even further in some places, so a boat, canoe, or float tube isn’t needed. I’m guessing there are very few Maine ffo ponds where that would be feasible, fwiw.

I’m presuming that your suggestion was tongue in cheek.

Dave M