FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently November 15th, 2018, 2:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2018, 12:23 pm 
FFIM-aholic

March 18th, Tie and Lie at the Community center from 10 am until 2 pm. Bring your hangover and stories from St. Patrick's Day. Come when you can leave when you want.

Pretty much the same format as past ones. All are welcome. Come to tie - come to lie (or tell unbelievable stories). There will be coffee and water available. Who knows - someone might even bring some cookies to munch on.

Some of us will meet at Big G's for breakfast around 9:00 and rumor has it that Kim may again buy breakfast for anyone who shows up.

Hope to see a bunch of you there. Always a good time.

PostPosted: March 16th, 2018, 11:12 am 
FFIM-aholic

Well, I remembered to stop by the Town Office and pick up the key. So the Tie and Lie is still on for Sunday the 18th. So if you're not recovering from St. Patrick's Day celebrations or attending a show somewhere stop on by the Fairfield Community Center anytime between 10 and 2.

PostPosted: March 18th, 2018, 4:29 pm 
FFIM Addict

Well, I swung by after lunch on my way home from checking the snowpack left in the western mountains and the lights were off. Did the tie & lie not happen or just end early?

PostPosted: March 18th, 2018, 6:38 pm 
FFIM Addict

We were there. There was only about six of us......half tying and half lying, but still a good time.

Dave M

PostPosted: March 18th, 2018, 8:04 pm 
FFIM Addict

I didn’t get there until 12:45 or so, but the door was shut and lights were off. I guess I should have double checked the room for further signs of life. I brought deer hair and one of Pat Cohen’s Fugly Packers in case I ran into you Dave.

PostPosted: March 19th, 2018, 3:44 pm 
FFIM Addict

When I got my latest car there was a plastic gizmo that now that Hunter mentions it looked just like that Fugly packer. I couldn’t figure out what it was for. Finally saw that it’s to remove the lug nut covers. I’ll have to check it out to see if I can get a double use out of it. Found a piece of broomstick handle about 3” long burned smooth on flat end with 3 different sized holes to just clear the eye works pretty well and makes use of a broken handle. You can push with the ball of your hand and bend or break the hook if you aren’t careful.

Ron

Sir John Buchan