FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently February 25th, 2018, 11:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: February 12th, 2018, 8:59 am 
Site Admin

The Fly Fishing Film Tour (aka F3T) is returning on March 2-4th, and will be bigger than ever! We are throwing a big fly fishing party this year, on Saturday May 3rd, with the annual Iron Fly Competition, guest speakers, live music, vendors tables and more! Don’t miss Maine’s biggest fly fishing party. This is our 9th year of hosting the tour at the Frontier Cafe and Cinema in Brunswick on March 2nd-4th. We have added a 5th screening this year, in response to continued overwhelming support and demand. Showtimes will be 7:30 pm on Friday, 3:00pm and 7:30pm on Saturday and 3:00pm and 7:00pm on Sunday.

Full Schedule of Events include (subject to change):

Friday, March 2nd:
7:30pm F3T Screening #1

Saturday, March 3rd:
11:00am-10:00pm Mini-“Expo” opens — vendors, Silent Auction, live music, etc.
12:30pm Steve Koenig from Project Share speaks about stream conservation projects
1:30pm Iron Fly Competition
3:00pm F3T Screening #2
5:30pm Clay Kirby – Entomologist
7:30pm F3T Screening #3

Sunday:
3:00pm F3T Screening #4
7:00pm F3T Screening #5

Even if you can’t make it to a film screening — we hope you come by to party with us! We are hosting a large Silent Auction and Raffle, to raise funds for our Grassroots Grants projects. We will have silent auction items from companies like L.L.Bean, Yeti, and Patagonia to name a few.

Advance purchase of tickets to the Film Tour is strongly recommended.

For tickets to the screenings, please visit:

https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/3326620

Tight lines, and see you at the Tour!

Attachments:
F3Tposter2018_card.jpg
F3Tposter2018_card.jpg [ 184.93 KiB | Viewed 474 times ]

PostPosted: February 14th, 2018, 1:48 pm 

Just to add to what Tark mentioned - one of our exhibitor/vendor/auction item donors will be Karen Talbot, an absolutely outstanding fish/wildlife artist - check out some of her work here: http://www.karentalbotart.com/

Old Town Canoe has very generously donated a Saranac canoe for our auction.

Clay Kirby, of the UM Cooperative Extension Service, will be giving the talk on fly fishing entomology - aside from being the most knowledgeable bug guy I know, he is also one of the nicest guys I know - you don't want to miss him.

We are hoping to get a packraft donation from Alpacka Packraft Co - whether we get it or not I would recommend checking out their site too - they produce some really impressive adventure gear: https://www.alpackaraft.com/rafting/

That's it for now - please stay tuned!

PostPosted: February 14th, 2018, 6:04 pm 

I'm not sure I can make it. I referee college water polo, and I have tournament that weekend. It's still up in the air whether that will be here in Maine or down in New Haven.

But, assuming it comes in, what's the deal on that Alpacka Raft? Been watching those for a while as a viable remote pond craft.

Silent auction? Raffle? Even if I can't be there in person, I want in on that action.

PostPosted: February 14th, 2018, 6:25 pm 
FFIM Addict

Does a water polo referee wear a bathing suit and paddle around in the pool?

Sir John Buchan

PostPosted: February 14th, 2018, 7:52 pm 

Nah. They put us out on the packrafts wearing zebra stripes and paddling up and down the pool.

Seriously, we wear all white, including long pants and sneakers, which sucks on a pool deck. One referee on each side of the pool, walking. If that tournament ends up at Bowdoin, you can all come watch . . . . .

6 weekend tournaments a year pretty much pays for my Montana trip!

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2018, 4:41 pm 

Another exhibitor who will be there is Heather Andrews from the Downeast Salmon Federation - they are doing some very cool things Downeast like running their own salmon hatchery, opening up Smelt Brook in Sullivan and working on the relicensing of 2 Brookfield dams on the Union River (this is a very big deal) - even if you don't get to visit with Heather, please check out the DSF websites and their FaceBook:

http://www.mainesalmonrivers.org

http://www.wildatlanticsalmon.org

Looking forward to seeing you all at the film showing.