FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently December 10th, 2017, 10:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2017, 6:01 pm 
FFIM Addict

MM....

The Quigley Cripple and the Split Back nymph are staples for me on the Creeks........along with Soft Hackles Frog Fannied and fished right in the film. Duck Butt Duns and Parachutes are creek staples too. I’ll be tying up at least a dozen of each of these.

Dave M

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2017, 6:11 pm 
FFIMer

Makes sense as much as you fish out here. I’m going to tie up some of the Soft Hackles Frog Fannies and Duck Butt Duns.

PostPosted: December 6th, 2017, 10:55 am 
FFIM Addict

Update.......

Apparently I’m more of a dumbass than I thought I was. :-(

My point and shoot camera had also disappeared. I thought ok....a flybox.....maybe. Definitely NOT both the PMD box and the camera. Where the hell would they be. Not in the house......I had torn the entire house apart.

Gotta be in the Jeep. Hadn’t I checked that already? Of course......but I tried again. On every other vehicle I’ve owned the back ( or trunk)was flush with the back seats. On the Cherokee, it’s not. There’s a gap of about an inch......maybe less. I checked in there with a Mag Light and low and behold......my camera AND the PMD Box were lodged in the gap. Couldn’t see them by looking under the seat......couldn’t see them unless I looked straight down. Hmmmnnnn.....
I had only tied up about another 6 dozen new #18 PMDs and gotten a new clear plastic flybox to put them in (mostly Sparkle Duns; Quigley Cripples; and Soft Hackle dries).......so I can now go back to tying other patterns.......as I’m guessing 36 dozen PMDs will be enough for three days on the Creeks. ;-)

I’m now wondering if my missing Hardy JLH did the same thing on a vehicle I no longer own.......and someone got a damn nice reel in addition to the vehicle when I traded it in.

All’s well that ends well. Hutch was correct in that I found the box in the last place I looked.....and I’m all set for PMDs for the foreseeable future......if I don’t lose the damn box again. Dumbass of the week.

Dave M

PostPosted: December 6th, 2017, 1:08 pm 
FFIM Addict

Did you find my missing sock?

PostPosted: December 6th, 2017, 3:10 pm 
FFIM Addict

dryflie wrote:
Did you find my missing sock?

Actually Al, I DID find a sock. Pretty sure it isn’t yours though. ;-)

Dave M