FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently December 13th, 2017, 1:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: November 24th, 2017, 9:04 am 

Tim Soule and I duck hunted yesterday with Pete Crowell and another friend of Tim's. We stayed at the spot a little long into the tide and ended up needing to drag rather than paddle back through the mud to the landing. I'm old and in the middle of a series of evaluations of my knee, which is one of the few joints in my lower body that does not have a lot of hardware in it. Tim's not quite so old, but recovering from pneumonia.

Pete ripped my canoe across the mud flat like the Clydesdales hauling a Budweiser wagon. Then, in the time it took me to get my waders off, he had the gear loaded into my truck, the canoe on the rack, and was looking for something else to lift. It was an awe-inspiring performance. He ought to be a power lifter or a linebacker. If you ever need something large dragged or lifted, he's your man.

Unfortunately, along with all that power, he seems to be a jinx on the ducks, but that's probably just Tim.

PostPosted: November 24th, 2017, 5:57 pm 
FFIMer

Well, I had to do something to warm up! My feet were like ice cubes.... they paid the price for me thinking I'd be fine without toe warmers. And your canoe is MUCH lighter then mine. ... even loaded with gear.

Peter

PostPosted: November 24th, 2017, 5:59 pm 
FFIM-aholic

And he’s a nice guy to boot!

"Fishermen...spending their lives in the fields and woods...are often in a more favorable mood for observing her, in the intervals of their pursuits, than philosophers or poets even, who approach her with expectation." - Thoreau