FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently December 13th, 2017, 1:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dinner not snacks
PostPosted: November 13th, 2017, 8:52 pm 
FFIM Addict

Today hit a not so secret southern river. Weather mid to upper 30's snow and rain showers then overcast and clearing. As soon as work was officially nixed I headed north. I decided since I had luck yesterday nymphing I'd try the same set-up. Bead-head PT #20, Wet fly(Fran Betters dyed Australian Possum Same as AuSable Wulff) and Partridge #14, and a WD-40 #22. Working my favorite run finally a hook-up,
Attachment:
IMG_2655 (1).jpg
IMG_2655 (1).jpg [ 60.95 KiB | Viewed 276 times ]

He's all spawned out and took the wet fly. Later in another run I picked up a smallish brown on the same fly. Yesterday I landed fish in the same two spots and they were taken on the same fly, a Bead-Head Flashback PT. I also lost one which by size was a good chance the bigger one I landed today as the drift was nearly identical, and yesterday it appeared to be on the PT.

There were more BWO's on the water and late watched a sizable pale white winged 14ish mayfly. Watched it drift probably 35-40 yards unmolested. Nothing to JUDGE it.

A few anglers here and there, one with Maine plates parked in access I use, a state person stocking pheasants, a hunter and pheasants clucking.

Much better than work.

Ron

Sir John Buchan