FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently November 21st, 2017, 6:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ATTENTION FLY FISHERMAN
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2017, 4:43 pm 
FFIMer

DO NOT buy anything from Denver Outfitters. This company is a total ripoff. They will gladly take your money ($300+) for a Rod Vault but they will not actually deliver it. Its been six months and nothing. They will jerk you around and jerk you around. They will regale you with stories of bizarre manufacturing delays and how it will only be another 60-90 days before your order ships. They use a pre-order system to sell them and I expect they what they are doing is they use the current pre-order cycle to pay for the previous pre-order cycle. I'm pretty sure that is illegal.

I just looked at the Google Reviews I found it interesting that 23 of the 32 5 star ratings came from current employees of Denver Outfitters (18 of them to be exact) and their marketing company (2 of them) and employee family members (3 of them). So that means they only had 9 honest 5 start reviews and 23 honest 1 star reviews. It sure is nice when you can pad your image! Sadly what these idiots don't know is that it is a violation of FTC regulations to post positive reviews for your own company with disclosing that you are the owner or employee of said company. Hhmmmm... Something smells fishy and as a fisherman, I recognize that scent!

Their COO Joel Weinhold, called me after I left a negative review on Yelp and let's just say, he was a total a-hole. He told me that he and his company didn't appreciate my negative review on Yelp. I then told him that it was well within my right to complain as a consumer. Then, this is the best part, he said "Well we will be sure to say negative things about you as a fly fishing guide." Are you kidding me? I told him that I would be happy to file a libel suit against Denver Outfitters if he said anything bad about me as a guide because neither he nor any member of his staff has ever hired me. I then said that after I win the lawsuit, I might finally get the Rod Vault I ordered after all. :lol:

Can you believe the balls on this prick? It was at that point that he agreed to refund my money because he felt that by sending me a rod vault, we could not have "a positive working relationship". Uh okay... so I told him I was just buying a Rod Vault and didn't want to be friends or work colleagues. I told him he has 10 days to refund my money or I'd be filing my complaint with the Colorado AG's office.

Watch out!!!! These guys are complete and total crooks! #DenverOutfitterSucks

PostPosted: October 24th, 2017, 12:55 am 
FFIMer

Man, thanks for the tip, those guys are definitely a-holes. Fishermen, beware!

PostPosted: October 25th, 2017, 8:37 pm 
FFIMer

Sorry that happened. It does not surprise me. They've somehow managed to stay in business...when I lived there years ago my then wife got me a gift certificate for the place....I went in and was thoroughly unimpressed with the staff. There are so many really great fly shops in the Denver area that it baffles me how they stay in business. Trouts Flyfishing, Anglers All, BlueQuill Angler are phenomenal shops with superior customer service. If you want to do mail order I can personally vouch for Blue Quill and Trouts. Also the shop in Boulder, Front Range Anglers is superb.
If traveling out there and fishing the front range any of the Denver shops are worth laying a few $ down. If you are going over the Continental Divide down to Breckenridge/Silverthorne don't bother with Cutthroat Anglers ...they have product but the staff is weak/lazy and less helpful than say Trouts Frisco shop which is a few miles down I70. If heading to the Arkansas river, try Arkanglers in Salida. They are probably the MOST helpful truthful shop I have ever been in.
I'd cancel your order there and call Trouts or Headhunters in Craig MT. They both deal with the rod vaults.
If anyone is heading to CO for a fishing trip I'd be happy to point them straight.

PostPosted: October 25th, 2017, 8:49 pm 
FFIM-aholic

sherpab wrote:
If heading to the Arkansas river, try Arkanglers in Salida. They are probably the MOST helpful truthful shop I have ever been in.

Truth right there. I visited the Buena Vista shop one afternoon and the guy was locking up for the eve...but he opened the door back up to sell me some flies, which he chose for me, and since the register was closed he just let me take them when I told him I was staying in BV and would stop in to pay the next morning. An hour later and I was heavily into fish.

PostPosted: October 31st, 2017, 4:30 pm 
FFIMer

maineangler wrote:
sherpab wrote:
If heading to the Arkansas river, try Arkanglers in Salida. They are probably the MOST helpful truthful shop I have ever been in.

Truth right there. I visited the Buena Vista shop one afternoon and the guy was locking up for the eve...but he opened the door back up to sell me some flies, which he chose for me, and since the register was closed he just let me take them when I told him I was staying in BV and would stop in to pay the next morning. An hour later and I was heavily into fish.

:D