FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently November 18th, 2017, 10:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: September 30th
PostPosted: October 1st, 2017, 7:49 am 
Wanna-be Maineiac

Marks the closing of most rivers so I headed over to the Kennebago to see if the fishing had picked up. I slept in and didn't get to the river until 7 so expected the typical crowds. Only 1 other car where I parked and it was an older couple rigging up. I felt kinda bad as I hopped out of my truck with my waders on, grabbed my rod, said hello and headed to the river. I fished for3 hours and never saw another person! It's amazing what happens when you walk away from the famous pools. My first first was a big 20 inch salmon! The morning went downhill after that as I only managed 1 other salmon and one Brookie.

The afternoon on one of my favorite remote ponds was a different story. One of those days where you lose count of the fish! Most with nymphs but 5 or so on dries. The surface activity was sparse but if you could hit a ride near the canoe then I generally caught a fish even if it was a nymph. Here's a few pictures. Most were in the 10-12 inch range but a few bigger and a few smaller. Great way to end September!

Attachments:
IMG_0278.JPG
IMG_0278.JPG [ 2.79 MiB | Viewed 391 times ]
IMG_0280.JPG
IMG_0280.JPG [ 3.9 MiB | Viewed 391 times ]
IMG_0277.JPG
IMG_0277.JPG [ 3.33 MiB | Viewed 391 times ]