FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently October 17th, 2017, 11:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: September 26th, 2017, 2:19 pm 
FFIM Addict

have not fished once this year, though

emma's team (i'm head coach) did finish the summer 38-4, winning their 3rd straight state title.......they won 6 of 8 of the tournaments they entered, making the finals of a 7th......they beat some of the best teams in NE along the way

as a group they hit .494 and a .594 OBP......they scored 454 runs in 42 games, and my #1 pitcher struck out 288 in 151 innings

eldest daughter started at 2nd and batted 2nd......she hit .594 with a .691obp, and even managed 2 HRs

middle child zoe's team managed 3rd in the state and won 4 tournaments on their own......not sure of her stats, but she was the best catcher at the 10u level we saw in our travels around NE

can't post any grip & grin brag shots, so i'm left to this ;)

someday i'll fish again.....maybe even once this fall.......but emma's team is playing fall ball haha

https://scontent.fzty2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/19656955_289456808186856_2738514587737778547_n.jpg?oh=10d78598cb82962c9ae0a113aea99e44&oe=5A834F78

PostPosted: September 26th, 2017, 2:47 pm 
FFIM-aholic

Despite the fear mongering, I am pretty the fish will still be there, when you get your time back. We are just starting with tee ball, soccer (futball), dance, flute, etc and can see a glimpse of my future in that team photo.

One word of advice, ask the short girl with the beard in back to take a knee in the front row next year so we can see her. :lol:

"Fishermen...spending their lives in the fields and woods...are often in a more favorable mood for observing her, in the intervals of their pursuits, than philosophers or poets even, who approach her with expectation." - Thoreau

PostPosted: September 26th, 2017, 4:24 pm 
FFIMer

As you well know Tim these are the best years. I coached both my boys hockey teams and I miss it dearly. After they were done I stayed with it and coached the little kids again, much easier than the older one's. I just quit this year so I could fish the fall and it's been great. But I know when the fishing stops I'll be bumming that I don't have a team. Every time I stop at a McDonalds (which I try to avoid) I have great flash backs to the many ride's to rinks all over N.E.

Looking at the stats you may save some money on college.

PostPosted: September 28th, 2017, 9:25 am 
FFIM Addict

saving money on college would be sweet if that's something they want to do

i'm just happy they've made some great friends, have made some memories, and have turned into confident little badasses.......