FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently October 18th, 2017, 6:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2017, 4:12 pm 
FFIMer

Hi guys, Our trip to Montana was amazing, best ever, see Dave Martell's posts. Joel Anderson and I took tying gear with us, real smart choice as things are not always the way you expect. mostly nymphs on the Missouri, Size 20 copper bead PT's, zebra midges, Madison micro midges, flash back PT's with red glass bead did well too. Had some dry fly action on PMD's. The Bighorn was all about the Trico's, Joel did well with some small wets and the evenings at the dam we had good action on white Gartside soft hackles and there were some pretty good black caddis hatches too. Saw two of the biggest brown trout on both rivers, On the Missouri two French anglers caught a beautiful, buttery brown of about 32" on a size 16 CDC PMD, (they gave me the fly!) at the Dam on the Bighorn I saw a spin fisherman land a huge brown, at least as big, completely different coloring, light and silvery, and FAT,,,, Stop by the store, I'll tell you all about it. Terry

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2017, 4:18 pm 
FFIM-aholic

32" trout on a #16 dry fly? That is serious!

"Fishermen...spending their lives in the fields and woods...are often in a more favorable mood for observing her, in the intervals of their pursuits, than philosophers or poets even, who approach her with expectation." - Thoreau