FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently August 21st, 2017, 3:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 18th, 2017, 7:25 am 
FFIM-aholic

Hi Gang, sorry for the teaser....

Its come to my attention that Photobucket is no longer allowing free image hosting, which can be posted to sites like this for pictures in posts. It kind of takes the fun out of reports... and I for the life of me haven't figured out how to size a photo in order to put it up as an upload on this site.

Do any of you guys have alternative sites you like? or can someone simply explain how to resize a photo to upload?

PS - Spain was lovely... hot, dry, blue skys, cold/super clear water.... some pretty fish, some prettier sunbathers, and proper siesta (not with the sunbathers). I even saw a Pyreneean Chamois, which are just coming back from the brink of extinction so that we could use their leather to dry our cars in the 70's.

Once i can figure out the photo thing, i'll do a proper report.

Sweden departure on Friday.

"Fishermen...spending their lives in the fields and woods...are often in a more favorable mood for observing her, in the intervals of their pursuits, than philosophers or poets even, who approach her with expectation." - Thoreau

PostPosted: July 19th, 2017, 1:12 am 
FFIM Addict

TGIF,
Looking forward to your pics. My wife wanted to go to the Pyrenees. Also Sweden has been on my radar for a long time. That river in the link I sent you a while back was running at probably 25% less for the last ten years. The current seam between the slack/fast water in the foreground was the edge of the water. The house in the background disintegrated have water lapping at the foundation. The past year and a half it's been running high. That area is about 3/4 the way towards the northern border. Not sure if it's towards where you'll be headed.
Ron

Sir John Buchan

PostPosted: July 19th, 2017, 6:49 pm 
FFIM-aholic

Indeed,!we have high water planned. Knock on wood, the forecast holds up, which is drier than the last month... we will be blessed with options... lakes, creeks, streams, rivers. I have only a single goal of catching a char... the rest is upside. The outfitters report from last week in a slightly less remote region was encouraging.... but it is fishing after all.

What about picture posting? Anyone use shutterfly or something else?

"Fishermen...spending their lives in the fields and woods...are often in a more favorable mood for observing her, in the intervals of their pursuits, than philosophers or poets even, who approach her with expectation." - Thoreau

PostPosted: July 19th, 2017, 9:00 pm 
FFIMer

I have begun using my Dropbox account to host images. I find it much easier to use. There are no ads, and I feel that the images are much more under my direct control. I look forward to seeing pictures from the Pyrenees. My 7'6" Paul H. Young "Martha Marie" bamboo trout rod was built in 1962 for George Beall, an expatriate American who lived in southern France and often enjoyed fishing the rivers of the Pyrenees.

PostPosted: July 20th, 2017, 6:45 am 
FFIM-aholic

I've been using photobucket but haven't we used shutterfly for the calendar here? Guessing that's the next option other than dropbox. Looking forward to the report!

PostPosted: July 20th, 2017, 8:43 am 
FFIM Addict

If you make copies of the pictures. Then reduce the the size of the copies and post them by using the upload attachment below the text block here. 800X600 pixels works. I know for me it's easier some days on my mac than my pc. Some days i post see if it worked and edit or erase depending on how it is working for me.

Ron

Sir John Buchan

PostPosted: July 24th, 2017, 2:59 pm 
FFIM Addict

If you can store your photos on a tablet or laptop you don't need a hosting service to post them here. Just scroll down to the Filename feature below the message box and load them directly from your device.