FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently November 23rd, 2017, 11:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 6th, 2017, 6:07 pm 
FFIMer

Spent four days in a tent at a small FFO pond near Jackman. The weather was pretty awful, either winds blowing at 25 mph or so, or raining like crazy. In the few minutes between the two the black flies would carry you away. That said, the fishing was slow for the first couple of days, and then last Saturday things picked up. No surface action that I could see, and no fish came to the top looking at anything I threw. Nymphs produced little, and no wet fly was interesting to any fish. When I put on a black muddler I caught a fish or had one on pretty much every cast. It was exciting for about 3 hours with lots of action. Toward evening, things died down. I got the feeling that I was about a week too early. I did love the new Mastery WFFL I bought this winter. It really runs out there. Bottom line, my solo trip was fun because of where I was, but could have been better if the weather cooperated.

PostPosted: June 7th, 2017, 5:33 am 
FFIMer

Sounds like a interesting trip..
With my work schedule I find myself on many solo's during the season. I have a few ponds in my sites for later this spring, but right now things on the big river are starting to come on fast..

PostPosted: June 8th, 2017, 3:32 pm 
FFIMer

I fished a small fly fishing only pond near Jackman on Sunday. Not much going on for bugs or fish. I agree it seemed like a week or so early.