FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently November 18th, 2017, 3:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: meduxnekeag
PostPosted: May 17th, 2017, 8:25 am 
FFIMer

morning all , anyone have any idea what would be considered "high water" on the Meduxnekeag river ..looking at the data on USGS and averages and means ,and all that good stuff ..it looks like todays flow of 1190 cfs would be considered High or moderately high ,and from what I could see on trends and past data that somewhere in that 600-700 cfs range appears to be a "good flow " for some fishing .. I will be up that way this memorial weekend for 3 days of fishing ,and just curious if I am watching the flows fall nicely into place or if that flow 600-700 would still be to high ..probably going to go check it out anyways but was curious if anyone had any personal knowledge

thanks

Post subject: Re: meduxnekeag
PostPosted: May 17th, 2017, 10:53 am 

The median flow for that section of river for that time frame is around 450 cfs so you should be OK - remember though, that the Meduxnekeag watershed is a relatively large and far flung affair - if the water ends up being too high down where you're looking there's lots of good water upstream from there - when I was up there a couple of weeks ago a friend of mine was showing me pics of 18" brookies he caught, away from where you're looking...if you're feeling adventurous, you should check out the stream over in New Brunswick - there's some really nice water over there...also, Alan Emery, a respected member of the FFIM community and owner of Man Land Flies in Houlton (like him on FaceBook!), can set you up with some flies custom tied for Meduxnekeag trout - Tight Lines!

PostPosted: May 17th, 2017, 11:23 am 
FFIMer

Just friended him ..thanks a lot Brian ,much appreciated

PostPosted: May 21st, 2017, 8:43 pm 
FFIMer

things are shaping up nicely Brian .. right now its running at 479 and been dropping all weekend ..according to the usgs site the water temp is near perfect as well running between 52 and 60 or so through out the day ..not sure if I believe that or not..I have never seen a temp reading before on USGS monitored site ..maybe I just didn't know how to find it ?

Alan is hooking me up with some flies also ..can't wait

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2017, 4:23 pm 
FFIMer

Dropping very quickly.

PostPosted: May 24th, 2017, 2:37 pm 
FFIMer

down to 344 right now ..sounds just about perfect !