FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently September 24th, 2017, 4:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: May 4th, 2017, 4:08 pm 
FFIM Addict

.....blown to #### I figured this would be a good afternoon to clean my 4 and 5 weight lines; and put new hand-tied leaders on them.

I'm almost out of my favorite line cleaner---Rio's Agent X; so a quick phone call to Terry took care of that.

Did two 4 weight lines (one Rio Gold and one SA Trout) and put new leaders from the blind splice out to 4X.

Then took care of the 5 weights....both Rio Gold's.....and new leaders on both of them.

One more 5 weight line to go; and I'll be ready...IF the $%#*&^% water ever recedes to wadeable levels.

It's always surprising to me how dirty fly lines get. There was a gray film on the paper towel after every swipe of the line through the Agent X. I used to love the old Russ Peak line dressing on Cortland Peach 444 lines........but I stopped using it when I found (at least for me) that it gummed up the new slick finishes on modern lines.

I had been planning to be on a certain Downeast stream that my Buddy Hutch knows well.......but according to the USGS level web site she's as high as I've ever seen her......so I had to go to Plan B.

I'm glad to hear Ron is getting some dry fly action down in Connecticut......I'm worried that ours will come off in the ridiculously high water........and we;ll be screwed out of our Spring Mayfly hatches again. Perhaps taking up Golf or Tennis might be in order. At least golf can be played without dying....even if the weather is ####ty.

Dave M

PostPosted: May 4th, 2017, 4:56 pm 
FFIM-aholic

I may be forced to take up tying flies....

PostPosted: May 4th, 2017, 7:51 pm 
FFIMer

titleguy wrote:
I may be forced to take up tying flies....

Don't. I need beer money.