FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently May 28th, 2017, 10:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2017, 6:27 pm 
FFIMer

had the pleasure of running in to hutch on the water on Friday I think it is all ways nice to run in too people that you know but don't all ways get a chance to fish with them had a great time talking to you hope the next time the fish bite better tight lines

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2017, 9:49 pm 
FFIMer

Last October I was fishing The East Outlet and ran into a group of guys. A few of them stopped for a snack and I filled the hole they left vacant. I over heard their conversation and it involved central Maine. I turned to one of them and said "I grew up in Augusta". He answered, "So did I". I said "What street did you live on"? He replied "Riverside Drive". I answered "Me too". Then we started to look each other over. He was a kid that grew up next door to me and we hadn't seen each other since high school 45 years ago. Needless to say we had a good laugh.

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2017, 9:12 am 
FFIMer

I too had the great privilege and high personal honor of bumping into Hutch streamside last week. To say that fly fishermen are a fraternity is an understatement, I run into people I know, people I've heard about, people I've been trying to avoid, all over the place, it's nice to be among friends. Terry

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2017, 6:04 pm 
FFIM Addict

Normally people run AWAY from me...but it was nice seeing 2 friendly faces- fishing was slower than wished, and better than feared-

Hutch

Spring is here almost....and the question is in the back of our minds----do I have enough Pheasant tails in #16?