FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently May 28th, 2017, 10:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2017, 11:34 am 
FFIM Addict

I didn't actually fish, but my wife and I took what was a dream trip for me last summer, flying to Denver, then renting a car and driving through the Southwest to San Francisco. Along the way, we saw the Royal Gorge of the Arkansas and the Black Canyon of the Gunnison in Colorado, Zion National Park, the Grand Canyon, Yosemite and Lake Tahoe. I love mountain roads with switchbacks and steep dropoffs but my wife hates them, so I was tickled when she agreed to let me drive us to the East Portal of the Black Canyon. I snapped this photo there, it looks like a classic western fly fishing scene, and I thought I'd share.

Attachment:
DSCN0164.JPG
DSCN0164.JPG [ 293 KiB | Viewed 287 times ]

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2017, 11:48 am 
FFIM Addict

Nice! Sounds like a great trip, Rory.

In many ways I'm like your wife. I clench my teeth and hold on tight every time we go over Dunraven Pass in the Park. Heading up, and down, around 10,000 feet on those switchbacks with no guard rails gives me the heebie jeebies. I hate heights.

Dave M

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2017, 1:27 pm 
FFIM Addict

Looks like the classic Western River, beautiful. I've slowed down on my western trips but hope there are still a couple left in me.