FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently May 24th, 2017, 9:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I Pad help........
PostPosted: April 18th, 2017, 12:17 pm 
FFIM Addict

Guys/Gals;

As any of you know that know me even a little bit.......A computer Geek I most assuredly am not.

I do have (and love) my I-Phone; my I=Pad Air; and my all-in-one Mac desktop with the Bluetooth keyboard......so I guess I'm trying to say that I'm not a total Luddite.

I do have a question for the Geeks out in FFIM land. Please help. My house is set up wireless from the router........and everything works just fine. I can even print wirelessly from my phone and I Pad. So good so far.

My issue is this: Sometimes my keyboard just disappears from my I-Pad Air.........and certain words appear at the bottom of the screen that the I=Pad thinks I want to use. I would have replied to Peter yesterday........but couldn't get the (damn!!) keyboard to appear. I've looked in Settings....to apparently, no avail. What am I doing wrong?? (And......before anybody replies: "Get Windows"...that ship has already sailed. I'm not going back to Microsoft.

I'm guessing many of you have I Pads.......please tell me how to get my keyboard to always appear when I want to reply. It always is therre on the I Phone.......why not on the I Pad??

Dave (Technologically challenged) M

Post subject: Re: I Pad help........
PostPosted: April 18th, 2017, 1:16 pm 
FFIM Addict

What's an I-Pad? Something new for sleeping on the ground? I haven't tented for years so no help from me.

PostPosted: April 18th, 2017, 3:31 pm 
FFIM-aholic

Dave, is it possible that the iPad is picking up a keyboard signal from your keyboard? If so, turn off Bluetooth, and your keyboard should appear.

That's all I have got. I am only on step small step ahead of Al on this one.

"Fishermen...spending their lives in the fields and woods...are often in a more favorable mood for observing her, in the intervals of their pursuits, than philosophers or poets even, who approach her with expectation." - Thoreau

PostPosted: April 18th, 2017, 3:59 pm 
FFIM Addict

TGIF wrote:
Dave, is it possible that the iPad is picking up a keyboard signal from your keyboard? If so, turn off Bluetooth, and your keyboard should .

Perfect Tim!

Thanks very much. You nailed it.

Dave M

PostPosted: April 19th, 2017, 2:01 am 
FFIM-aholic

Another happy customer from the geek squad!

"Fishermen...spending their lives in the fields and woods...are often in a more favorable mood for observing her, in the intervals of their pursuits, than philosophers or poets even, who approach her with expectation." - Thoreau