FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently April 23rd, 2017, 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2017, 1:26 pm 
FFIMer

Opening Saturday April 8…..The Flyfisherman’s Place

After 53 years of design, I have decided to retire and pursue my passion for fly fishing and fly tying, so in my 70th. year I am proud to announce the opening of my fly shop “The Flyfisherman’s Place” in Warren Maine.

As many of you know, I have had an eBay store for many years and I have accumulated a considerable amount of inventory. As a fly fisherman myself, I miss good old-fashioned fly shops. The internet is great, but sometimes it’s nice to kick back with a kindred spirit, shoot the sh*t and share local gossip. I hope you will come visit.

About my shop: My primary focus is on fly tying but I have a lot more to offer. I have a large selection of new and used fly rods, Sage, Loomis, Thomas &Thomas, St. Croix, as well as a selection of Bamboo and fiberglass rods, all in good condition and ready to fish. I also have a large selection of new and used books on tying, fishing, destinations, Atlantic Salmon books galore! I carry Wullf and SA fly lines, Tacky fly boxes, Trouthunter Fluoro, Leaders, Tippet, Indicators, Tippet rings, UV resins and so on and so on. Vises, tools and just about anything associated with fly tying. One final word about materials, my hook, thread, and bead selection is extensive, a large selection of European CDC, stripped Quills, Amadou, Bio thread catgut in six colors, you get the idea, lot’s of unique and hard-to-find “stuff”.

Where am I?: I’m in Midcoast Maine, a few miles south of Camden on Rt.1 or Rt. 90. The shop is in a converted garage next to my home at 408 Four Rod Road in Warren (see map) If you need further directions call (207) 273 4077.
When am I open?: Reliable hours are important, I intend to be open from 10am-3pm Wed through Saturday, but remember, this is a one man operation and I like to fish too, I do a few trips every year and the store will be closed when I am away, that being said, I live next door and I’m here most of the time. If you need something outside of regular hours just give me a call. Any changes in my hours will be posted on on my Facebook page “The Flyfisherman’s Place”
On opening day I hope to have some friends here to help, Rod McGarry will be here to help with rod selection and casting issues, Fly fishing photographer Richard Procopio will have tips on getting a great shot of a fish without killing it in the process, Artist Dan Daly may stop by and perhaps I can persuade Joel Anderson to bring some of his rods and give some tying tips.

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2017, 2:29 pm 
FFIMer

Congratulations Terry! Sounds like I need to make a trip up to check out the new shop. See you around.

Peter

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2017, 2:40 pm 
FFIMer

Congrats Terry
I'm supposed to be somewhere else on the 8th, but will try to get there for the grand opening.
Ben Kann

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2017, 2:43 pm 
FFIM Addict

Saturday April 8th??

Hmmnnm...... it just so happens I need ( want is more like it) more tying "stuff". See you Saturday

Seeing Rod; Richard; and Joel will be icing on the cake

Dave M

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2017, 7:43 pm 
FFIMer

Awesome! Will you be open 10:00 to 3:00 for the grand opening or will you extend your hours? It will be great to have a local tying shop. I tie with a lot of natural materials and buying them online is a crap shoot. Best of luck

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2017, 10:10 pm 
FFIMer

See you Saturday, Terry. If you haven't already been to Terry's shop, make the trip. Let's make it an outing, bring your gear and let's hit the St. George.Any takers?

PostPosted: April 4th, 2017, 8:06 am 
FFIMer

Excellent! Almost in my back yard. I'll be there.

PostPosted: April 4th, 2017, 1:00 pm 
FFIMer

Hi Tim, as I mentioned, I expect my hours to be pretty flexible. 10 to 3 on the first day is just a kind of safety valve for me, I'm new at this and a little nervous about how it will go. Most days I will probably be open until at least 4pm. consider me pretty available. Terry

PostPosted: April 8th, 2017, 5:07 am 
FFIMer

That's great news :!:
You can bet you will see me

PostPosted: April 8th, 2017, 2:17 pm 
FFIMer

Terry, you've got a nice business there, even better because it's the next town over. It was a pleasure meeting you today. I'll be back.

nj

PostPosted: April 8th, 2017, 3:53 pm 
FFIM Addict

Wonderful day seeing old friends and meeting new ones.
Got to cast a few rods with Rod McGary.......if you've never had a chance to get a few pointers from Rod, make it a point to do so.
Terry has a very nice shop there.....and for me only about another 10 minutes rather than coming north from Lewiston.
A very enjoyable way to officially start the new season. Thanks, Terry!

Dave M

PS......Got to try out Lane's new bamboo. Sweet!!

PostPosted: April 8th, 2017, 5:31 pm 
FFIMer

Nice shop Terry, better once I found all your hiding spots! Had a good time trying different lines with the new rod and getting advice from Rod and Dave. I recommend folks here visit often. Thanks.

PostPosted: April 9th, 2017, 7:22 am 
FFIMer

Terry
Sorry I couldn't be there, but if I had shown up, all those good folks (commenting above) would now be heading to bed with the flu.
Hope to get there sometime soon
Ben

PostPosted: April 12th, 2017, 1:20 pm 
FFIMer

Thanks Ben, the opening went great, see you when you feel better. Terry