FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently July 24th, 2017, 10:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 20th, 2017, 6:46 pm 
Wanna-be Maineiac

Our 12th (I think) annual day camp for alumni of Casting For Recovery will take place Saturday June 3rd in Rangeley, Maine. We are looking for 15-20 volunteer guides. You don't need to be a registered Maine guide to volunteer but you do need patience, a rod/reel/flies that you are comfortable letting someone use for the day and a good knowledge of fly fishing. You also will be providing a shore lunch, snacks and drinks for the day. We kick off the event with a welcome reception on Friday night (6-9) at the Outdoor Heritage Sporting Museum and finish the day with a celebration cookout that will be held at Cupsuptic Lake and Park Campground. The cookout in mandatory and we think you'd miss out on much at the welcome reception. We will have 14-15 full day guides and 5-6 half day guides as a full day is just too much for some of these ladies. Others won't want to come off the water! Bottom line, you are giving up much of your weekend. You will be rewarded again and again for years to come.

If you are interested please email me at: kenbtrout@hotmail.com

Ken

PostPosted: January 28th, 2017, 8:20 pm 
FFIM-aholic

hope you guys have a wonderful time, I may come up if I'm up to it, volunteer, you'll love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
don

PostPosted: February 6th, 2017, 11:09 pm 
FFIMer

I would love to lend a hand ... it's on my retirement bucket list. I can't say I've spend a tremendous amount of time Fishing the Rangeley area but I'm a decent fly casting instructor and a Maine Guide. I'll PM you.

PostPosted: February 8th, 2017, 3:02 pm 
FFIM-aholic

Terry, you'll never have a better day, I'll let you know a few secret spots that none of the guys know about :?

PostPosted: February 9th, 2017, 8:28 pm 
Wanna-be Maineiac

We are still looking for additional guides for our CFR day camp. We had 17 women sign up in the first hour and right now we need two additional but I expect we'll have a need for at least 5 more when all said and done. Email me at kenbtrout@hotmail.com if you can help.

Terry - I didn't get a PM or email from you so not sure if you are in or not.

Ken

PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 11:39 am 
FFIM Addict

FFIM seems to have a relationship with several folks who have made their own films over the years.....

perhaps the angle would be to pursue one of those folks to document the event and create a short......seems kind of like a very good entry into one of the film tour type events?

PostPosted: March 31st, 2017, 7:02 pm 
Wanna-be Maineiac

Tim, Brian Donaghy did just that and one best short film at the Maine Outdoor Film Festival!

PostPosted: April 14th, 2017, 3:17 pm 
FFIMer

Just saw this, and it brought tears to my eyes. I won't be back since I sold my beloved camp on Kennebago Lake last summer. Best success to the program.

If any of you find yourselves in Punta Gorda, give me a shout. Fishing really sucks down here :mrgreen:

Tight lines my friends.

PostPosted: May 12th, 2017, 7:32 pm 
FFIM-aholic

hang in there Bill, really hope everything goes great for you. post on here once in a while and say hello. make sure you include your name though cause we'll forget you by next week :D
don