FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently December 18th, 2017, 12:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: trip to the roach
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2015, 6:01 pm 
FFIM-aholic

well John and I met up this morning and as you may have guessed, there aren't many fish left in the river, in a couple of the pools they held up a sign saying : please, no more. we did learn an important lesson though, more on that later when I'm not so tired :D
don

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2015, 7:27 am 
FFIMer

Don: Enjoyed our visit. Good to see you again. Went to my favorite spot (what I call "corner pool") and had it all to myself. Drifted drys, terrestrials and nymphs to no avail. Finally went to the sink tip with a grey ghost and second or third cast had a nice (guessing 15") salmon but I was asleep at the switch -- one good jump and it was gone. Maybe better today.

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2015, 1:35 pm 
FFIM-aholic

John, I likewise enjoyed our reunion. and remember our lesson learned. never go in to a stream with an empty flyvest, at the same time you needn't go in with one that looks like a skidder tire around your middle as mine does. going back to your truck when you need a new fly box does indeed result in weight loss though. John, a very funny experience that I will always remember. If we both weren't there at the times that we were then we'd never know that it happened
don
see you next year John ! :D

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2017, 5:13 pm 
FFIMer

Don, if you are still out there -- I just returned from an enjoyable three weeks in Greenville. I was able to fish 14 out to the 19 days (a couple of trips to Bangor). Caught 30 fish a lot were in excess of 20". Other years I caught more fish but not as many large one. On the way back to Pennsylvania. Maybe see you next year.