FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently December 16th, 2017, 8:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: trip to the roach
PostPosted: September 21st, 2010, 3:08 pm 
FFIM-aholic

just got back from fishing a couple of mornings. caught a few fish it was pretty good ,i only fished the handicap accessible pools. had a very cool moment when i met an FFIM'er from Ohio.his name is John,says he doesn't post but reads it a lot. he seemed to be a fine gentleman unlike the rest of you bums. he noticed my new hoodie and thought it looked cool. i was going to say i met an old guy but then i found out he's younger than me. i guess there's no one older than me, thats scary,how old is God? the flow seems up and to me looks good.
don

Post subject: Re: trip to the roach
PostPosted: September 21st, 2010, 4:32 pm 
FFIMer

There is handicapped pools on the Roach? :shock:

Don, you ARE God.....You are.

PostPosted: September 21st, 2010, 6:25 pm 
FFIM-aholic

don lynch wrote:
he seemed to be a fine gentleman unlike the rest of you bums.
don

Hey, I represent that remark!!!

PostPosted: September 21st, 2010, 7:21 pm 
FFIM Addict

Nothing there but Chubs..... or so I've been told.

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2010, 5:36 pm 
FFIMer

Don: Enjoyed 3 weeks in the Greenville area and fishing the Moose, EO, and of course where I met you -- the Roach. I "kinda" consider the Roach as my "home water" when I am in Maine as we stay 13 miles back down Lily Bay Road and most of my time is spent on the Roach as I am familiar with most of the "handicapped" pools as you and I have the same malady. My first day on the Roach I was able to bring 5 nice LLS and 3 enormous (by Pennsylvania standards) bkt to my net. BUT, from then on things seem to go down hill until my last day was one of each. As we speak I am at a hotel in Hartford, Connecticut, on my way back to our cabin in Bedford, County, Pennsylvania. By Friday I hope to be in one of the mountain streams looking for some very, very shy (this time of the year) brook trout, none of which will be nearly the size that you have in Maine. We have booked our place for next year. Hope to see you again on the Roach. (wear a tie next year so I will recognize you). John -- "the old guy from Ohio"

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2010, 9:08 pm 
FFIM-aholic

well by the holy moly it's good to hear from you John. i will be there next year for sure. the guys on the board here think i should wear a name tag anyway, so if i'm found wondering around lost they'll know who i am. well John i hope the fishing in Pa will be good for you. hope your knees continue to hold up for you. now and then post and say hello.
don

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2010, 9:16 pm 
FFIMer

There's going to be so many walkers littering the Warden's Pool, no one else will be able to buy a spot to fish. :D

Here's tipping a glass to a healthy "next year," and many more, for both of you.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2010, 8:37 am 
don lynch wrote:
the guys on the board here think i should wear a name tag
don

Only so's that you can remember who you are :D

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2010, 9:08 am 
FFIM Addict

john

glad to see you posted

you've already met don - everything else from here on out can only get better

PostPosted: August 13th, 2011, 2:25 pm 
FFIMer

It is that time of the year again and I will be leaving Ohio August 20 (my birthday, Don, and I am still younger than you). A few days chasing the brookies in Pennsylvania and on August 31 leaving for Greenville to arrive September 1. That means September 2 I should be drowning some humpys on the Roach. Don, if you are around please wear the name tag the guys recommended. I will be the guy with the brown trout hanging from my neck.

PostPosted: August 15th, 2011, 9:24 pm 
FFIM-aholic

hey john, wow, good to hear from you, that sounds great, i'll try to get there. i have trouble now keeping up with you young guys. when i saw this post i thought, how did that come back. what a cool surprise. i haven't been up there this year yet so i'm due. whatever you do don't mention any of the flies we use or the secret spots. these young kids will sabotage our walkers. hope to see you then John.
don

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2011, 8:28 pm 
FFIMer

Don: I am back in Ohio. Enjoyed our trip to Maine this year. Good to see you again. I hope you didn't spend a lot of time at the Roach. I was there off and on until September 21. I cannot say I had one good day. I guess I just wasn't holding my mouth right. I did have one good day on the EO with Ian. Other than that my best day on the Roach was 2 LL and 1BKT. I understand the catching improved after I left. I caught more fish in one day in my little mountain stream in Pennsylvania than I caught in the Roach the entire time I was there. But, not to worry we have booked our place again for next year. Maybe the fish biologist will take there weirs to another stream by next year. Take care of yourself. See'a next year.

PostPosted: October 5th, 2011, 8:04 am 
FFIM-aholic

HI jOHN well my luck was about the same. it was very poor this year. i brought a young fellow up with me hoping he'd get onto one but it didn't happen, even with my immence skill and vast knowledge,damn fish! my high point was that i called in a couple of coyotes and killed one of them while camped up at so. inlet c.ground. it was very very cool, i dined on coyote backstraps instead of chub fillets.
it was really cool to see you there when i walked out, i was sure you'd be there and there you were. so if the medical community can keep us ambulatory we will do the same thing next year.I thought the toast was a little well done though so be more carefull next year,and i don't like luke warm coffee. :lol:
don
SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!!!!!

PostPosted: October 5th, 2011, 8:52 am 
FFIMer

If a walker is chained to a tree, is it tradition to be able to just borrow it and put it back when you're done?

PostPosted: August 26th, 2012, 1:11 pm 
FFIMer

Still not going to be using a walker. SS knees working great. Hope to be fishing the Roach by September 9. Going to stop at Lake Placid on the way to Greenville from Ohio. Maybe WB Ausable? If Don is still around tell him I am still vertical every morning and tie a really mean looking hellgrammite. The old guy from Ohio still wearing a tie. September 9 dawned cloudy and cool and was 1000 by the time I made it to the Roach. But it was definitely worth the trip. I was able to bring 8 nice LLS to the net. Bit disappointed that I didn't get a nice Maine brookie I am used to the little Pennsylvania brookies.

Last edited by John Nicodemus on September 9th, 2012, 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.