FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently December 14th, 2017, 12:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: May 17th, 2009, 5:26 pm 
FFIMer

is still a little high from what I hear. Can anyone tell me for sure how the fishability of it is? I am going wednesday and was hoping to be able to wade but sounds like I may need the canoe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 17th, 2009, 7:49 pm 
FFIMer

Nobody's been up that way? oh well, will fing out wed. I guess. Goin either way!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 17th, 2009, 9:13 pm 
FFIM-aholic

If you go to the streamflow page of this site, you'll see the water flow up in Gorham NH, which is pretty favorable now. I'd guess from that that flows in Dixfield should be good. But let us know how you do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 17th, 2009, 9:50 pm 
FFIMer

Hi - I was on the Andro below the Rumford dam yesterday. It was a little high but wadeable. Fishing was slow but I got one maybe 16" football of a rainbow and watched a ginormous bow porpoise about 10 feet in front of me chasing some emerger I couldn't match! Fish splashing all around and laughing at me and my son as we tried it all from BWO to big hairy wolffs and streamers. Did a drift on the upper Andro today and it was cold and slow fishing with the same slightly high water but we all got fish, mostly brookies...

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 17th, 2009, 10:18 pm 
FFIMer

Thanks for the report guys! Hope to have news Wed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 18th, 2009, 1:49 pm 
FFIMer

bassbug, though I have not fished the andro from the falls to the mouth of the webb river the fishing below to the canton point road boat launch is at most times pretty good for bass if that is what you are going for. I have also caught some chubs. I would like to wade in the area of the swift for some of the trout action. usually though I only fish that dixfield section when I float down in my kayak. hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 18th, 2009, 2:39 pm 
FFIMer

i fish almost exclusively on the canton pt. rdsection. grew up there. Do some gilead and bethel but 99% is down there. Great smallie, monster chubs, I know some of you cant even say that word. Also some trout and salmon if you are fishing for them.

PostPosted: June 5th, 2017, 1:20 pm 
FFIMer

Hello I am a newby here, going to be in the Carthage on the Webb River for the summer. Does anyone have any updated info on fishing the Webb River?