FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently November 19th, 2019, 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 4th, 2002, 5:50 am 
FFIMer

I love flyfishing also and was very appreciative you shared your sucess story. It was very fun to read!

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 4th, 2002, 10:08 am 
FFIMer

I was fortunate enought to share in this pleasurable experience. It is easy to forget the good times you can have with fishing buddies. <BR> <BR>I thought I was going to have to do some serious leaning on Jeffus to get him up that earily, but that didn't have to happen. <BR> <BR>We did meet real earily. I was hopping for a cooler morning, it was pretty muggy. Water temp was 71 degrees. Tricos were full blown by the time we started casting, and yes we got skunked...again. But I did have a right pattern this time, as I did have a "throb" on my #24 spent trico. <BR> <BR>"The spot"... <BR> <BR>...funny how you can be in the middle of no where, or in Alaska...in Central Maine. This place was gorgeous. Standing in these rips there was only one trace of man(besides us), Powerlines! Mountains(large steep hills) surrounded us on both sides. One side having a sheer cliff to fish under. This spot took the day from Urban to heaven, and the fishing was red hot. We had doubles on, cast after cast. <BR> <BR>Jeffus was killing them all morning with a streamer. Yellow with silver body was all they were looking for. I switched to a #8 Hornberg when we got to the rips. The game was on!!! <BR> <BR>Like Jeffus said on the water "this is why habitats should be managed". It was really too bad that while pushing my way through some seriously thick weeds, my thoughts wandered to how tasty my legs must have looked to the pike prowling around. <BR> <BR>Anyway, <BR>Jeffus your good company, and that was my labor day fishing. Wild!!! <BR> <BR>Mike M