FFIM

FFIM is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting and preserving Maine's fisheries
It is currently December 13th, 2019, 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: November 18th, 2019, 7:58 pm 
FFIM-aholic

Fairfield Community Center
Ready for tying at 10 - come and go up until 2.
There will be people meeting at Big G's around 9 for breakfast.
Coffee and doughnuts - maybe a cookie or two - water - other than that you're on your own.
Come one come all. No need to tie or bring equipment but if you aren't tying you're expected to share a story or two. The veracity of any story rests with the storyteller.
No cost - just stop by.

PostPosted: November 26th, 2019, 5:16 pm 
FFIM-aholic

Bump - just as a reminder.

PostPosted: November 29th, 2019, 11:03 am 
FFIM-aholic

Just a little note to say what good people work at the Fairfield Town Office I thought I'd pass on that on Wednesday I got a call from them.

The call was to tell me that they had Friday (today) off and that if I needed the key for our Tie and Lie I had to pick it up that day because I couldn't get it on Friday.

So, of course, I did. Not sure what I'd have done if I drove down there today and they were close and no key. Thankfully, the key is in hand.

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2019, 9:55 am 
FFIM Addict

Thanks for doing this, Mike! Always a fun time. We only had about a dozen of us there, but it was nice to see old friends.......and make new ones.

Mike had a coffee grinder and mixed up some of his famous dubbing. I’ve had a bunch he mixed up for me for over 15 years now. Great stuff.

Mike also showed me a gorgeous Hoffman (Whiting) light Dun saddle that he’s had since the old shop days. Henry Hoffman, for those of you relatively new to tying with great saddles, was Tom Whiting before Dr. Whiting came along.

If you’re a tier in southern or central Maine these are a great way to meet some good tiers, and get some of your tying questions answered. As I said above.....always a good time. Thanks Mike!

Dave M

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2019, 12:04 pm 
FFIM-aholic

You're welcome Dave. My pleasure. It is always a fun time from the breakfast gathering on to standing around in the parking lot getting ready to leave. It's interesting to see what people are tying.

Isn't that a great Hoffman saddle. I noticed when I got home the old price tag was still on it. Full Saddle Patch (16's, 18's and 20's) $62.00.

What do you (and others) think of the idea of cutting the room rental back to 3-hours?

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2019, 12:56 pm 
FFIMer

Just want to add that as a newbie to the group and essentially a newbie to tying (25 year layoff), I really enjoyed it. Lots of talent and knowledge in that room. If you've ever considered going but haven't yet, I highly recommend it. Thanks for setting it up Mike!

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2019, 9:39 am 
FFIMer

Ditto to the above comments. I always learn something from that gathering. Glad you continue to do that for us Mike. I agree with cutting it back to three hours. Most are done by then.

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2019, 9:49 am 
FFIM Addict

Yeah......I think three hours will be fine. I usually tie for a couple of hours, and shoot the breeze for another half hour before heading north.

Dave M

PostPosted: December 5th, 2019, 7:30 am 
FFIMer

I could only stop in on sunday but its always good to see you guys, Look forward to the next and doing some tying. Thanks for getting us together in the winter Mike :!: